Brockport Dining Services Receives National Recognition
May 12, 2016
The College at Brockport Dining Services received the Bronze award from the National Association of College and University Food Services (NACUFS) in the prestigious Loyal E. Horton Dining Awards annual competition. Brockport was recognized in the category of residence hall dining theme dinner for the “Harvest Celebration – a Farm to Table Thanksgiving” event they held for students in November of 2015 at both all-you-care-to-eat dining facilities.
NACUFS is the foodservice trade association for colleges and universities. Nearly 550 institutions in higher education are members of this organization. The Loyal E. Horton Dining Awards salute the most successful ideas in menus, presentations, special event planning, and new dining concepts on college campuses throughout the country. With an average of 200 entries submitted in this category each year, the competition was fierce. Visit http://www.nacufs.org/recognition-dining-awards/award-winners/ for a complete listing of this year's winners.
Click here to learn more about the Harvest Celebration - a Farm to Table Thanksgiving dinner.
Eagle One Card App
Download the new Eagle One Card app and manage your accounts from the palm of your hand!
- Once you have a meal plan, Dining Dollars, or Easy Money account set up with the BASC Business Office, go to basc1.org and select view your account.
- If this is your first time viewing your account online select "Log In", then select “I’m new here”, and follow the prompts to set up a password for your account. This is the same password you will use to log in on the app along with your Banner ID number.
- After your online account password is established, download the Eagle One Card smartphone app from the Android or Apple store.
- Enter your Banner ID number and account password on the app and use it to add money to your accounts, manage your accounts (meal plan, Dining Dollar, and/or Easy Money), view locations, check your balances, view what meal plan you’re on, and deactivate or reactivate your Eagle One ID Card if you lose it.
Customer Appreciation Days
October 10 -14
It's Customer Appreciation Days at BASC, our opportunity to say "Thank You" to our customers. It's a pleasure to get to know each of our customers and to serve you everyday.
Here is a preview of Customer Appreciation activities this week:
- All cafe combos are $1 off. Tweet a picture of your favorite lunch or dinner combo to @BportBASC using #BASCBeats for the chance to win Wireless Beats Headphones.
- Buy (1) Get (1) any 6", footlong, or flatbread sandwich at Subway with the purchase of a 21 oz. fountain beverage.
- Medieval Renaissance Dinner at Brockway & Harrison Dining Hall.
- Enjoy 20% off your favorite frappe with FANS at Jitterbugs & Kinetic Kafe.
- FREE cake cones at Aerie, Jitterbugs, Hartwell, Eagle's Nest & Kinetic Kafe. Until supplies last.
Harvest Celebration - A Farm to Table Thanksgiving
November 4, 2015
This year BASC Dining Services is pairing Thanksgiving with a Farm to Table event with two goals in mind:
- Showcase the many local foods produced in our area with a Harvest Celebration.
- Capture the spirit of Thanks-Giving by partnering with Community Development to support ways to give back.
The fall is indeed a special time of year here in New York State. It's marked by cooler temperatures, full moons, beautiful fall foliage, and perhaps the best part - a bounty of fresh, local produce. Join Dining Services as we celebrate the season's harvest with local menu specials in our a la carte dining locations November 18 - 20 and a Harvest Celebration themed dinner in both dining halls on Thursday, November 19.
HARVEST CELEBRATION a la carte specials - NOVEMBER 18 - 20
The Square at the Union and Cafes
Kale Caesar Wrap - Kale from Bolton Farms, Spencerport
Roast Beef with Horseradish Cheddar Cheese Sandwich - Cheese from Yancey's Fancy & Sandwich Rolls from Petrillo's Bakery, Rochester
Roasted Beet & Goat Cheese Salad with Aruglula - Arugula from Bolton Farms, Hilton
Harvest celebration Dinner - November 19
Brockway and Harrison Dining Halls
Carved Roast Turkey with Local Cider Gravy - Cider from Robb Farms, Spencerport
Slow Roasted Garlic & Herb Hog Roast - Hog from Robb Farms, Spencerport & Olive Oil from Flow's Garlic Farms, Holley
Cabernet Merlot Braised Beef with Natural Pan Jus - Beef from Greenwell Farms, Hilton & Cabernet Merlot from Casa Larga Vineyards, Fairport, NY
Roasted NY Harvest Vegetables with Butternut Squash Oil, Pepitas, & Cheesy Polenta (V) - Squash Oil & Pepitas from Stony Brook Whole Hearted Foods, Geneva
Pictured left to right: Greenwell Farms in Hilton, Robb Farms in Spencerport, Kirby's Farm Market in Brockport, & Greenwell Farms in Hilton
This is also a wonderful time of year to reflect on all that we have and give thanks for the fresh foods grown by area farmers. As part of our thanks-giving BASC Dining Services is partnering with Community Development to promote ways to reflect on all that we have and pay it forward to others who are less fortunate. Learn how you can give back.
- Support local families in need this holiday season through Seasons of Gratitude
- Give back to those who help put food on your table by supporting the Clothing Drive for Migrant Farm Workers
Collection boxes will be available in both dining halls for these campaigns.