Our dietary philosophy
Dining Services is committed to providing lots of nutritional choices and the information needed to make good eating decisions.
Some of the tools we provide to help students make healthy choices include:
- Nutrition Tracker - Our online database that provides detailed nutritional information on the items we serve on campus.
- MyPlate - Our dining halls utilize the USDA's MyPlate to promote an overall lifestyle of eating for wellness.
- Special Dietary Needs - Dining Services has tools and processes in place to assist those with special dietary needs. Foods containing major allergens are labeled, as well as vegetarian and vegan items, and foods made without gluten. Resources are available for those students who require additional support with their dietary needs.
- Sushi with Gusto nutritional information.
- Subway nutritional information.
Dining Services uses Whole Harvest expeller pressed oils, which are free of trans fat and chemicals, in the preparation of our fried foods.
External Nutrition Links
The National Association of College & University Food Services (NACUFS) provides an extensive list of external resources related to nutrition and wellness. The information contained on this Web site is for educational purposes only and should not be considered medical advice. In addition, these links do not constitute an endorsement or sponsorship of any of the information provided in these sites from BASC.